Lambeth & Southwark Diabetes UK Group
Hon. President: Cllr Sonia Winifred
Patient Forum – Wednesday 25 Oct. 2017 from 10:45 am to 1pm
Inspire – The Crypt at St. Peter’s Church, Liverpool Grove, SE17 2HH
Arrival and registration – (Tea and Coffee)
10.45am – 11.00
Barry Coker and Patricia McLaren Chair & Vice- Chair Lambeth &Southwark Diabetes Patient Forum
- Welcome and introduction to the day.
11.00 am – 11.10
Update From Diabetes UK
- Including videos
11:10 – 12:00
Fraser Serle Programme Manager Project Smith
- Lambeth Community Project
12:00 – 12:30
AGM (see over page)
12:30 – 13:00
Next meeting: 13 Dec: Christmas Meeting
Please bring this programme with you to the meeting
Lambeth & Southwark Diabetes UK - Annual General Meeting 2017 25 Oct. 2017
- Summary Minutes of the 2016 AGM.
- Members received a report on activities for the previous year and re-elected officers and committee members for 2016/7. The support provided by both Lambeth and Southwark CCGs was acknowledged
- Verbal Report on activities for 2016/17 by Chair
- Any questions from members?
2016: Your group is part of the national charity Diabetes UK, and they produce accounts, which are subject to national audit, for each year ending 31 December. The main source of resources for our group in 2016 had come from the two CCGs which paid for our running costs (hire of hall, printing, postage etc.) and food for our meetings. The group receives these funds in the form of a cash grant from Southwark CCG and by Lambeth CCG directly paying for our lunches until April 2017. The funding from Lambeth CCG ceased in Feb 2017. Our funds are also supplemented by the collection of donations.
2017: Excluding Food, the group spends approx. £2,000 a year on its six Patient Forum Meetings. Grant funding is now only £1,400 and the balance is raised by collecting donations and through fund raising events. Each Patient Forum meeting typically raises £30-£40. Plus individual fund raising efforts such as sponsored walks, etc. The value of food consumed at each meeting is estimated at £300 (inc. VAT)
- To elect the officials of the voluntary group and Committee members for 2017/18.
Note: If you wish to stand for election as an official or Committee member. Please advise the Secretary – George Mence at least 7 days prior to the meeting.
Officials: Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary and Committee members. The existing officers and members of the Committee have agreed to stand for re- election this year:
Plus 3 Vacancies
2. Any Other Business – for which 7 days prior notice has been given to a Secretary.
To Contact Secretary George Mence
Tel: 020 7639 1852
END 10 Oct 2017