Lambeth & Southwark Diabetes UK - Annual General Meeting 28 Oct. 2020
- 30 September 2020
- Group News
Lambeth & Southwark Diabetes UK - Annual General Meeting
28 Oct. 2020
NOTE BECAUSE OF THE COVID 19 REGULATIONS THIS AGM IS BEING HELD BY POST AND EMAIL – There will not be a meeting.
- Minutes of the 2019 AGM:
Members received a presentation and a verbal report from the Committee on the activities of the Group, for the previous year. Members re-elected officers and committee members for 2019/20 (See below).
- Report on activities for 2019/20.
Since the last AGM in Oct 2019, because of the implementation of the Covid 19 Regulations, the Committee has been unable to arrange more than two meetings of our Patient Forum as follows:
Stefania-Anais Hristea Greenwich University
- Research Project into an App
Beth James–St Pancras Clinical A clinical research company specialising in diabetes research
- What we do
Consultant Pharmacist, Diabetes (and Friends)
- Our Annual Quiz – from Lambeth CCG
Remember the DMI? What are you doing now?
- A chance to meet to friends from the former Diabetes Modernisation Initiative.
- Dr Faye Riley, Diabetes UK Research Team
Getting Out and About
- Gemma Hooper (Manager) Surrey Docks Farm
- Amen Eghosa-Aimufua MA research Student Uni. of Surrey. The experience of diabetes burnout & health outcomes in Black and Minority Ethnic (BAME) people.
New Patient & public Involvement Group
- Elizabeth Tuudah. Kings College London
Setting up a Patient & Public Involvement group.
31 March 2020: All meetings cancelled until further notice.
In addition the Committee have been unable to undertake a normal programme of summer visits, in 2020, to local community events to provide information and advice. However contact with the new CCG for South East London has been established.
Your group is part of the national charity Diabetes UK, and we produce accounts for them, which are subject to national audit, for each year ending 31 December. In 2019 we had receipts of £2,300 which included a grant of £1,400 from Southwark CCG. We had payments of £3,671 relating to running our six Patient Forums. The net cost of running the group was funded from our cash balances.
4 To elect the officials of the voluntary group and Committee members for 2020/21.
Note: If you wish to stand for election as an official or Committee member. Please advise the Secretary – George Mence at least 7 days prior to the AGM. (SEE BELOW).
The existing officers & members of the Committee have agreed to stand for re- election.
Plus 2 Vacancies
What do we need to add to our Committee?
- A member from Lambeth who can liaise with the local professional team
- A member with a car to support summer events e.g. Jamaica Day
- A member who could support the Chair with a view to becoming the Chair at a future date.
- A younger person to improve the age structure of the committee
- Any Other Business – for which 7 days prior notice has been given to the Secretary.
END OF AGM
To Contact Secretary George Mence
Tel: 020 7639 1852
END 28 Sep. 2020