Patient Forum 31 Oct. 2018 10:45 am
- 25 October 2018
- Group News
Lambeth & Southwark Diabetes UK Group
Hon. President: Cllr Sonia Winifred
Patient Forum – Wednesday 31 Oct. 2018 from 10:45 am to 1pm
“Other Health Issues”
Inspire – The Crypt at St. Peter’s Church, Liverpool Grove, SE17 2HH
Arrival and registration – (Tea and Coffee)
10.45am – 11.00
Barry Coker and Patricia McLaren Chair & Vice- Chair Lambeth &Southwark Diabetes Patient Forum
- Welcome and introduction to the day.
11.00 am – 11.10
- Becky Williams Career Coach Work Well
South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust
11:10 – 11:40
- AGM (Agenda see over page)
11:40 – 12:00
- Dr Carole Gayle
Diabetes Consultant KCH
Diabetes and women’s and sexual issues
12:00 – 13:00
Next meeting: 12 Dec: Christmas Meeting – bring a funny hat
Please bring this programme with you to the meeting
Lambeth & Southwark Diabetes UK - Annual General Meeting 2018
31 Oct. 2018
- Summary Minutes of the 2017 AGM.
- Members received a report, from the Chair, on the activities of the Group, for the previous year. Members re-elected officers and committee members for 2017/8.
- Verbal Report on activities for 2017/18 by Chair
- Any questions from members?
2017: Your group is part of the national charity Diabetes UK, and they produce accounts, which are subject to national audit, for each year ending 31 December. The main source of resources for our group in 2017 had come from the CCG which paid for our running costs (hire of hall, printing, postage etc.) and food for our meetings. The group receives these funds in the form of a cash grant from Southwark CCG. Our funds are also supplemented by the collection of donations at our meetings and various other events.
2017: Excluding food, the group spends approx. £2,000 a year on its six Patient Forum Meetings. Grant funding is now only £1,400 and the balance is raised by collecting donations and through fund raising events (£1,200). The value of food consumed at each meeting is estimated at £250 (inc. VAT). It is estimated that income and expenditure in 2018 will follow a similar pattern.
- To elect the officials of the voluntary group and Committee members for 2018/19.
Note: If you wish to stand for election as an official or Committee member. Please advise the Secretary – George Mence at least 7 days prior to the meeting.
The existing officers & members of the Committee have agreed to stand for re- election.
Justina Chormeh Plus 3 Vacancies
- Any Other Business – for which 7 days prior notice has been given to the Secretary.
To Contact Secretary George Mence
Tel: 020 7639 1852
END 14 Oct 2018